Today, August 30, 2015 we will be holding our fifth annual Stand With Those Who Serve event at the Heritage Hill Air Museum on Joint Base Lewis McChord from 10am to 4pm. This day is a fantastic opportunity for first responders to bring their family members together, relax, bond, and share in the positive, uplifting reasons these brave men and women do their jobs. We are colleagues, friend and family that support each through the worst and best of times. The event is closed to the general public and admission is limited to those with First Responder/Military credentials and their families.
We recognize that the job of caring for others can be tough, not only on the personnel, but also the families. Our annual event is an opportunity to bring family members of all ages together to relax, bond and share in the positive and uplifting reasons that first-responders do their jobs.
The event is closed to the general public and admission is limited to those with First Responder/Military issued credentials and their families.
[Click the image below to download the 2014 Event Flyer]
Sunday, August 30, 2015
1000 – 1600
Joint Base Lewis – McChord
City, State or Federal Public Safety Employee or Military ID Required!
This is a FREE fun day for the first-responder community and their family members of all ages! Bring the in-laws, grandparents, etc who have stood by you during both the good and hard times.
- Agency Demos and Equipment
- Entertainment and Live Music
- Lots of Interactive Kids Activities for all ages!
- Food and Refreshments provided
- Vendor Displays
Please bring your city, state or federal employee or military photo ID to gain entrance into the event for you and your guests. Public safety and military survivors and their families are welcomed too!
Event Weather for Today
Today’s weather is looking good for our event! Partly Cloudy or Partly Sunny, both sound great! Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for current actual conditions on site with pictures!
Event Directions and Information
The North Gate of Joint Base Lewis-McChord will be open for our event. Access is restricted so please have your city, state, federal Agency or Military photo ID for entry into the event for you and your guests. Those with official credentials (active or retired) or driving exempt or marked vehicles you DO NOT need to pre-register.
- Take exit 127 for WA-512 E toward Puyallup/S Tacoma Way
- Turn right onto WA-512 W (signs for S Tacoma Way)
- Turn left onto S Tacoma Way
- Turn left to stay on S Tacoma Way
- Continue straight across 112St S, onto Union Ave
- Event Gate
- Continue straight onto West St
- Continue onto Barnes Blvd
- Turn left onto Colonel Joe Jackson Blvd
- Turn left onto G St
- Turn left onto Barracks St
- Parking will be on your Right
- ONLY uniformed personnel will be allowed to OPEN-CARRY weapons while on base.
- No Pets
- No Alcohol or Drugs